• 150 grams rye flour or white flour or whole wheat flour.
• 150 grams of filtered water
• Day One - 10 mins
• Day Two - Day Five - 5 mins
• Glass Jar (size)
1.Mix 150g flour with 150g water.
2.Mix together in glass jar for 6-7 mins.
3.Seal glass jar.
5.Store in room with natural light.
6.No direct light.
7.Room must be 20 / 22 degrees celsius.
1.Yeast must be fed daily.
2.Feed with 100g of flour + 100g of water.
3.Yeast should start to rise.
4.You will see bubbles.
5.Seal jar - leave in same position.
1.Feed with 50g of flour + 50g of water.
2.Day 4 starter should smell sour.
3.Texture should feel pasty and slightly bubbly.
4.Day 5 you can use starter to make bread.
• To keep it “alive” you need to feed it 50g of flour and 50g.
• It’s important to feed it twice a week to keep it healthy.
• We suggest sharing your starter with family + friends to keep the ancient tradition of break making alive.